The father of Omar Mateen has blamed security staff at Pulse nightclub for not preventing the murder of 49 innocent people. Seddique
Mateen said religion had nothing to do with the massacre and that he
wished his son was alive so he could ask him why he did it. His son, Omar, a 29-year-old bodybuilder of Afghan origin,
shot down clubbers and injured dozens at the Orlando club on Sunday morning.
Omar Mateen
Mr Mateen
told Sky News: 'The first thing I want to say is that the club should
have had good security. The club (with) 300 or 400 people are coming,
they should have had a good security.
'My
personal feeling (is) he is responsible, the club is responsible for
not having good security. If there was a good communication with the
security there, they could have protected much better.'
His
son, who had pledged his allegiance to ISIS on the phone to police, was
killed by SWAT officers when he opened fire after crawling out of a
hole made to rescue clubbers.
Asked why he
thought his son had gay dating apps like Grindr and Jack'd on his
mobile phone, Mr Mateen said he wished his son was alive so he could
ask.
'I
don't know what he was doing and I wish I did know. I don't know why he
was using that, to get there and do something. I wish he was alive so I
could ask him,' said Mr Mateen.
He added the attack had 'nothing to do with religion'.
A message posted by Seddique Mateen on Facebook early Monday morning made clear his own views on homosexuality.
In the video the elder Mateen says he was saddened by his son's actions during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.
He then added: 'God will punish those involved in homosexuality', saying it's, 'not an issue that humans should deal with'.
The AR-15 rifle is the civilian model of the M-16 which Mateen used, along with a handgun, in the nightclub
Mr Mateen
also claimed that the attack had 'nothing to do with Islam. Those
killers, they call it ISIS in what I heard in the news. They are not
religious people. They use the name of religion for their personal
gain.'
The father has his own TV show which is broadcast to Afghanistan from the U.S.
The
White House and the FBI said the gunman, an American-born Muslim,
appeared to be a 'homegrown extremist' who had touted support not just
for ISIS but other radical groups that are its enemies.
The
FBI confirmed that Mateen had come to its attention twice before the
attack and had been investigated for 10 months from May 2013 because he
had made 'inflammatory and contradictory' statements about ties to
terrorist groups.
Agents
closed the first investigation in early 2014, but Mateen's name came up
in a separate FBI investigation in July that year, after he was linked
to a Syria suicide bomber.
Source:Mailonline
No comments:
Post a Comment