Monday, July 18, 2016

Ex marine shot three police officers dead and injured three more in Baton Rouge on Sunday morning

The man who shot three police officers dead and injured three more in Baton Rouge on Sunday morning has been named as Gavin Eugene Long, a black man from Kansas City who was 'celebrating' his 29th birthday today.
Long opened fire on police after they were called to Airline Highway, not far from their headquarters, at around 8.30am to

reports of a man dressed all in black, wearing and mask and holding an 'AR-15 type' assault rifle.
After shooting dead officers Montrell Jackson, 32, Matthew Gerald, 41, and Brad Garafola, 45; and wounding Nicholas Tullier, 41, Bruce Simmons, 51, and a third unidentified officer, 41, Long was pursued to a nearby convenience store where he was shot dead.
He has since been revealed as a former Marine who was honorably discharged in 2010 after achieving the rank of sergeant, before becoming a life coach and self-styled 'Alpha-preneur' under the name of Cosmo Setepenra.
Under the pseudonym Long pedaled his warped world view to followers through podcasts and YouTube videos, and appears to have been in Dallas a short time after the police shootings there, where he uploaded a video advocating violent protests by African Americans.
In the footage, shot before he traveled to Baton Rouge, Long said: 'One hundred per cent of revolutions, victims fighting their oppressors, victims fighting their bullies, 100 per cent have been successful through fighting back, through bloodshed.
'Zero have been successful by simply protesting. It has never worked and it never will. You've gotta fight back, that's the only way a bully knows to quit. He doesn't understand words.
'If y'all wanna keep protesting but for the real ones, the serious ones, the alpha ones - we know what it's going to take. It's only fighting back or money. That's all they care about. Revenue and blood. Nothing else.
'Don't even think about it. That's why I don't go to protests, because I know I speak well, I'm articulate, I can motivate, I can inspire, and those are the ones they arrest. So I know they'd try to arrest me and I know I would die right there because you're not going to kidnap me.
'That's what (rebel slave) Nat Turner did. That's what Malcolm (X) did. You've got to stand, you've got to stand on your rights. 
'Men, this is all for you. I don't wanna see women at rallies and all that. I feel embarrassed by seeing that. Let me know what one of the elders were telling me in Africa.

'When men would go out to fight the enemy, the one that would tell her man, if you come back here defeated, I'm killing you. You get what I'm saying. The man knew he couldn't go home. 
'Either he killed his enemy or he die. Because the kid sees that - damn my daddy came home, he got his ass whooped. He just a b****. I'd rather have this m*********** die, at least this kid knows he stands for something'.  

The three dead police officers have also been identified as Montrell Jackson, 32, a new father and ten-year veteran of the force, Matthew Gerald, 41, a former Marine who joined the Baton Rouge police force a year ago, and Brad Garafola, 45, a married father-of-four who had worked for the sheriff's office for 24 years.
Nicholas Tullier, 41, an 18-year veteran, is still in hospital in critical condition, while 51-year-old Bruce Simmons, who had been with the department for 23 years, has been treated for non-life-threatening injuries. A third wounded officer, also aged 41, has not been named.

Source: Daily Mail 

No comments:

Post a Comment